Friday, June 8, 2007

Yesterday I was reading one of the WLS books in journal entry from someone who was 4 months post-op. She was saying that it was the BEST thing she’d ever done for herself and was encouraging her readers who were pre-op or immediately post-op to not give up, that it gets SO MUCH BETTER. It re-encouraged me that this is truly what I want to do. Her journal entries showed me that she had a lot of the same food issues I have, her husband made similar comments to what mine has, and the surgery was still a successful life change for her.

SO, I called Elizabeth @ Barix and asked what was up. She’s still telling me she’s waiting to get “In Network” I’ve got to figure out what the heck she means by that. It’s frustrating enough waiting on an answer but then not understanding what we’re even waiting on is just plain annoying. She said I’m at the top of her list when the “In Network” comes through and she’ll call right away. She told me to hang in there.

Note to health care professionals: at least some of your patients have not had much experience with insurance and hospitals etc. We don't speak your lingo...this doesn't make us stupid. I could speak the lingo of my profession to you and you'd be bored stiff and have no clue what I was talking about. Be considerate and explain and ask if we know what the heck you're referring to. It makes us feel dumb that we don't know this stuff, and when you explain yourself it's like giving a definition...you can't use the word in the definition! When I ask what something means you have to explain it in words I use...not more medical lingo. (ok, stepping back off my soapbox)

Yesterday I was especially encouraged that I want to use Barix Clinics. I was reading the reviews on ObesityHelp and they were ALL excellent. Everyone was raving about the place. The only negative responses (out of like 100 reviews I read) were from 2 people who didn’t actually get their surgery there because of insurance reasons. The surgeons there all had excellent comments as well. I love the idea that it’s all they do, the equipment and staff are geared to accommodate overweight people…and also that there should be less infections floating around.

So I’m starting off today right…journaling and eating right:

I figure even if I’m not perfect the more right choices I make the better. Maybe my problem is that I always want to do things perfect or not at all.

No comments: