Friday, June 8, 2007

What I've learned so far....

Ok, I've spent most of the day looking through before and after pictures on the ObesityHelp website. It's a brave thing to post your pictures, and I'm thankful to the people who do. They give me hope and encouragement...so please understand that my comments are not meant to be negative, but as I read through them I know some sound like I'm making fun of people...and I'm sorry for that...
ANYWAY, here's what I've learned:

-if you had bad hair before the surgery, you'll still have bad hair after the surgery
-if you were weird looking before the surgery, you'll possibly be even weirder looking after the surgery
-if you're young (in your early 20's) and you look older, losing 100+ pounds certainly makes you look SO much younger, however if you're a little older (like 40+) and you lose 100+ pounds you might look even older. (I'm not sure where I'll fall in this area because I'm 34...)
-if you're young you look much better after this surgery than if you're old (I'm so glad I decided not to wait any longer) The younger the better.
-not to dress inappropriately after losing my weight (just because I can doesn't mean I should, and it seems many people don't realize they still can't)
-a lot of women have really fake looking boob jobs after losing their weight, I DO NOT want to do this...please someone stop me if I start talking about doing it! I understand needing to "fix" what obesity has damaged...but why put enormous softballs on your chest?
-You have a lot better chance of looking amazing if your under 300# pre-surgery
-loose excess skin is really ugly after losing huge amounts of weight (but not as bad as being fat)
-your whole face shape changes when you lose over 100#, you look like a different person
-this surgery gives people back a normal life
-a whole lot can change in only 1 year time

No comments: