Sunday, July 1, 2007

Still Waiting...

So Elizabeth at Barix tried to explain "in network" to me...it's not nearly as complicated as it sounds...basically, the facility is "in network" meaning my insurance will pay for the facility no problem...but their doctors are still in the application stages of being "in network"...so who knows how long that will be! I also talked to my insurance company and they said they can't give ME a time frame but that the surgeons should be able to ask their case managers for a time frame...Elizabeth side-stepped the question and just said that the dr's want it as much or more than I do so she was sure they were putting pressure on their cases. Hmmmm...

My husband owns his own company and so he is the provider of our insurance...I've asked him to make me a "benefits administrator" for his company so that I can see what it would take to switch my policy to a PPO rather than a HMO...then Barix could immediately provide services for me. I really have decided that's where I want to go...but then again, I haven't really found any other facilities that can compare...I do wish they were closer. Anyway, if I'm a network administrator I can make changes to my policy...so he talked to them and put in a request...but there is about a week of waiting before the paperwork will go through so I can't start researching it yet...waiting AGAIN!

I am kind of dreaming what it will be like to lose the weight. I can't wait to be more active and enjoy more social situations and be outside more. Right now, it seems I'm always worried about chairs being large enough or if it will be hot. I'm sick of staring at my closet and wondering what's the most slimming outfit. I'd love to just go in there and pick up something to wear and know I look healthy and normal. I'm tired of always trying to have an extra seat next to me at church or the movies so that I'm not crowding the person next to me.

I am scared about that excess skin thing...but one day at a time. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Maybe God will bless me with good skin and I won't even have a major problem.

Starting to think about scheduling and when to have this so that it doesn't interfere with my commitments to others. I think scheduling a surgery at the right time is more important than just jumping at the opportunity of getting it done.

No comments: