Monday, June 4, 2007

Day 1 Pre-Op

So this is blogging thing is new for me...but as I've researched weight loss surgery I've really appreciated reading other people's blogs detailing their process. SO I'm doing this in case it will turn out to be helpful for someone...but mostly for ME since I think journaling my process and progress will help me stay committed and on track.

Today is the day I'm starting to prepare for surgery. Even though I haven't met with a Dr. or anything, I know this surgery is where I'm headed...and from all my research I know that I should start changing my habits now for the best sucess. I have talked to Elizabeth at the Barix Center in Langhorne, PA who assures me that she'll call this week to schedule a consulation...she's just checking on some insurance stuff so she knows exactly what I'll need.

Beginning Stats:

Height: 5'-6"
Weight: 285 lbs
Measurements:
Neck: 16.5”
Bicep: 18”
Wrist: 7”
Upper chest (under arm pits, arms down): 45.5”
Chest (@ nipple, no bra): 53”
Lower chest (at bra band): 44.25”
Waist (at belly button): 49”
Ponch: 58”
Thighs: 33.5
Calves: 19-19.25”
Ankles: 9.25”
Foot width: 4”

I want to try and focus on low calorie, high protein foods in smaller portions. Everything I read says losing weight before surgery is key to a safe surgery and to long-term success.

Something DH said last night really got me feeling crappy…and it’s that I know what is good for me and I choose to do otherwise…why am I going to the extreme of surgery? It’s not like I’m somewhere tempting food is always around…I buy all the junk I eat…so stop buying it. It sounds so simple, why is it so difficult? Also, the idea that even with surgery I could gain back the weight if I don’t change my eating and exercise habits is really scary. I would feel like such a failure.

No comments: